Thursday, July 31, 2008

Slacker Belinda and the home to come

Sorry I've been such a slacker with Blogging.

Back at College, there is much to do, and at the moment I can only really devote myself to two forms of writing at the time. At the moment Doctrine Assignment and fiction writing is my priority. But I will try to make sure I still writer here at least once a week-maybe more if you are lucky :)

This week has been a wonderful week of learning. I love doctrine. I'm so used to being confused and secretly ashamed of complicated doctrines like the Trinity or the fact that Jesus was fully God and fully Man. But something I've been reminded of has been that these aren't bad things, or even unexpected things. These are the realities of serving such a great God, so beyond anything we could find on earth. We try to find examples in our world to represent the trinity (eggs, water...I'm sure you could add many more). But nothing quite matches the intricacies and perfection of the glorious trinity. We pull apart how it works that Jesus is both God and man, and while we learn from the process, we ultimately end by bowing at his feet. This week has been a week where I have constantly been turning to Romans 11:33-36

"Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God!
How unsearchable his judgements,
and his paths beyond tracing out!
Who has known the mind of the Lord?
Or who has become his counselor?
Who has ever given to God,
That God should repay him?
For from him and through him and to him are all things.
To him be the glory forever!
Amen

Its also been a time of missing Melbourne, but being reminded that Melbourne, earth is not my home. Heaven is my home. I will serve God so much better if I come to truly acknowledge that.
Anyway, that's my thoughts again for the week.
lots of love,
B

No comments: