Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Time in Melbourne

So sorry I haven't post much. I've been on holidays!

I love being in Melbourne. I enjoy Sydney but I enjoy it because I am there for a purpose. I love Melbourne...not because of what I can do there but simply because its home.

But there are things that I love to do in Melbourne.

I love the walks around the paddocks in the Basin, or the beautiful houses and shops of Camberwell

I love entering the Grant house to the enthusiasm of Pippen the dog and the semi-polite indifference of Celeste the cat.

I love when the Griffith cousins come over and all the Griffith grandchildren (and attachments) play crazy games!

I love playing video games with my brother-in-laws assistance (he's so much more patient with my inability to fight virtual battles that my husband ;)

I love bumming in front of Foxtel trying to find the next episode of the Gilmore girls.

I love coffees and prayers with other chicks

I love dinner and deep conversations with Melbourne couple friends.

I love seeing how much bigger babies grow when you don't see them for three months (although thats a bit sad too)

I love going back to church and the looks on everyones faces who didn't know we were coming

This second time, coming back was harder than the first. The musty smell of the hospital was frustrating more than welcoming, and I feel a bit be-grudging that the weather is so much more beautiful here. But we are here for a purpose and its nice to trust a God who can get us through difficulties such as being away from so many people we love.

Tomorrow we start running kids club at church. It should be crazy and busy. But how cool is this- we have a room set up which is the firey furnace from the story in the book of Daniel with a...real smoke machine! How awesome is that!
Please pray for kids club- what an awesome chance to share Jesus with the kids of the Chatswood community.
love B

1 comment:

Louisa Claire said...

Gee...perhaps we should swap places. Wouldn't that be nice :)