Monday, July 21, 2008

First day back

Oh its nice to be back.

I didn't think it would be. I'm still feeling a little down about leaving Melbourne and the previous week was so tiring that what seemed most appropriate to my mood was another holiday- not the beginning of a very full semester. But it was nice to be back.

I was excited to see the people I'd been looking forward to seeing. But there were many people who hadn't crossed my mind, and I had some really lovely "aha" moments of realising how much I appreciated them.

And studying? Well this week is going to be a busy week of work, and I realise it will take a while to get back into the lecture mindset (it was a morning of constantly telling myself- concentrate, concentrate!). But it is very very nice to sit down and listen to someone talking through the Bible in details, and I don't regret for a minute the relaxed manner of my break, even if it means more work now.

Challenge of the day from my classes? Do I have a living hope (from 1 Peter)? Do I live in a hopeful manner? Does the home of my inheritance that doesn't spoil or fade influence my heart. Definately my theology, mostly my decisions. But my heart? It did today. I pray it continues to.
B

No comments: