Monday, June 23, 2008

The trial of being healthy

Several months ago I talked about Tim and I being on a health kick.

It didn't work. It never works (huge sigh)! So once again I try not to get dispirited as I try again. So far I've managed to give up hot-chocolates and cakes at College, and I'm endeavouring to give up ice-cream and chocolate. Which is good. But it's only a start. So I thought I'd open it up and see a) is anybody still reading ;) and b) does anyone have any particularly recipes for healthy, yummy, cheap meals. Lowish GI is my preference.
And why the picture? Reminds me of the good old days when I could eat ice cream. But really I just like it ;)
Please pray for me. I'm under doctors orders to loose some weight and I do find it a hard process. Pray that I will glorify God in all that I do.
God bless,
Belinda

2 comments:

Pilgrim Penguin said...

Hi Belinda

It may not be within your budget, but I've found the weight watchers program to be the best way to lose weight. If you're disciplined, you can always join for a while, and, when you get the hang of it, just keep going on your own. It's realistic and works with everyday food items. It also has great recipes, some of which you can get for free from their website: www.weightwatchers.com.au

I have a few recipe books that I'm not using at the moment, so if you'd like them on long term loan, email me your address and I'll post them to you.

UltraViolet said...

Check out:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/collections/low+gi

I like reading this mag in the supermarket. The meals seem a bit fancy (I'm all for cheap, quick and easy), but you can get ideas of ingredients and what to do with them. These days lots of things are marked with 'low GI'.
Think lots of fruit, veg and some lentils (!). No alcohol.

Plus exercise. Too much emphisis is placed on diets, and not exercise + diet. Pity you don't have Sandy around to go walking with - she has a mean stride!

Also, try the library for cook books! It may take some time to research and experiment,but it'll be worth it!
Andrea