Saturday, June 14, 2008

Restful days

I've been doing lots of writing and reading today- such fun! I'm so thankful to God that I've decided to make Saturdays a non-studying/relax day. Even though it sometimes makes for a busier week- its so nice to relax and enjoy life and my husband without the guilt hanging over my head of "shouldn't I be doing something productive".

So far today I've read a bit of the "The Art of Fiction Writing" (so interesting!), and done lots and lots of fiction re-reading: all of "The Horse and his Boy" (my favourite of the Narnia series although it always gets left out!), the last chapters of "The Last Battle" and several stories from L.M. Montgomeries "Further Chronicals of Avonlea". One of the most beautiful things about re-reading is that if you have time you can do it really quickly- brushing over the long bits and savoring the best. And you know exactly what you are going to get- which is lovely on a cold Saturday after a stressful week- when all you want to do is read about simple romances, nicely resolved family tentions and talking horses!

And I'm managed to write a first draft of the climatic ending to my fantasy trilogy. Now I just need to write the beginning and the middle of it!
I love Saturdays.

No comments: