Friday, October 30, 2009

A six year olds view of the cross

It's been a great week for fun comments from kids.

My Grade 5 kids told me off for describing the promise land as "nice" because "nice is not a Grade 5 level descriptive word Mrs Buzz, it doesn't give you enough information".

I changed my description to "beautiful" and "fertile" but it turns out that "fertile" is a Grade 6 level word because they didn't know what it meant ;)

But my favourite was from 6 year old Angelina at church camp.

We were standing at a camp fire. Above the campfire the campsite had erected the most ginormous cross- at least 12 foot tall and probably 9 foot wide.

Angelina: "I wonder if that was the cross that Jesus died on"

Belinda: "No, I don't think it was. But I think they put it up to remind us that Jesus died for us".

Angelina: (Angelina nodded enthusiastically- then turned back to look at the cross) "WOW, Jesus must have been HUGE!"

1 comment:

Femina said...

Hahahahahahahahahaaaaa - that's AWESOME!