Saturday, October 3, 2009

Dealing with uncertainty

I hate uncertainty.

I hate it with a passion.

Most of the time i deal with it, following my mothers advice and trying to see it as "an adventure".

Most of the time I tell myself that God is in control and that even if I don't know what is going to happen, God does and that should bring me comfort.

Most of the time I can cope with it.

Not yesterday.

Yesterday I spent the whole day stressing, assuming that it would be the day we would find out if College had a place for us to live next year. You see, they don't have enough for everyone, so you apply- write a letter about your circumstances and hope for the best.

I spent the whole day stressing, until I got the call from Tim saying that they couldn't tell us yet.

It's not just the housing thing. It's everything. So much uncertainty. In everything. My future plans always start with: "If this happens, then this". I hate it. And I couldn't cope.

I woke up this morning. Tim's sister and her husband were staying with us. It was fun. They really like the place that we live. I felt a bit better.

I was so stressed about where we would live when we first moved up. And this place has been a huge blessing.

(Sigh)

I hate uncertainty. Please God help me to keep trusting you through it. Amen

No comments: