Friday, October 16, 2009

Medical Answers

I have just found out the the hives that I have been experiencing are due to dust mites.

Such a relief!

Such a relief that I don't have to give up any foods that I love :)


I went on the following website to work out what I should do- as my appointment with the dermitologist to talk about my results won't be for a few weeks yet.
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/

It is actually an awesome website. It has facts sheets on lots of different medical issues, and unlike most stuff on the internet it's usually researched based stuff.

But as I read the sheet I had all these little "kerching" sounds in my head- imagining the sound that old fashion cash registers made when they open. Because there will be some expenses involved.

At first- small simple ones:
-A micro fibre duster so that it traps dust and dust mights rather than letting them into the air like a feather one would.
-Dust mite resistant bed covers
-Washing bedsheets once a week with eucalyptus oil infused cleaning products (not really a kerching- but definately time consuming!)

And long term:
-Buy leather lounges
-Synthetic pillows and doona
-Venetian blinds
-Get rid of carpet where-ever we end up living.

But the plus!

Tim now needs to do all the vaccuming- with me safely out of the house!
:)
love B

No comments: