Sunday, November 2, 2008

POV thanks and my holiday ramble

Hi folks
Just wanted to say thanks for all your advice on the "point of view question". I'm leaning towards 1st person- but I feel a bit more relaxed about it now- I'll just see how it goes and I can always change it. Thank you!

Unfortunately- despite lecture pads full of notes and picture for my story that I've stored up during the last few weeks of classes ;)- with exams fast approaching I don't know how much time I will have to actually write.

But oh, the holidays. In 3 lovely weeks I will be done with study for the year and will have one glorious month off in Melbourne. In some senses I'm a little nervous. It's been so long seen I've been down and seen everyone! Silly, I know.

But when I think of long walks around the paddocks in the Basin, watching Tim and Joel (his brother) fight over which Wii games are the best, seeing how much taller my little cousins have gotten, eating Mums amazing cooking, talking Gilmore girls and theology with Sandy, and seeing Tim's parents, Elise (sis-in-law), Joel (bro-in-law), Harry and Ange (their wonderful significant others), and whoever else decides to come over to the crazy world that is my parents-in-laws house! I can' wait to see my dear old church friends, and all my RMIT girls, and my relatives at the various Christmas parties we will be attending. I hope to reacquaint myself with the game of Cricket, to blog every second day, to talk and talk and talk with my dear husband, and to share 20 odd year old jokes with my Mum, Dad, and sister. I look forward to watching kids walk that I've never seen walk before, and sleeping in the room where I slept when I myself learnt how to walk.

I know it will be hard, and a little painful- knowing I am coming back for only a little bit, and that its still three more years up in Sydney. I know it will bring back lots of uncertainties about the future and what's going to happen. I know for some relationships it will be like we've never left and others like we've never met.

But I am still very, very excited.

Now, back to study...

love B

No comments: