Monday, November 10, 2008

An almost perfect day

I am suppose to be writing about what would my perfect day be.

Alot more complicated than it sounds! Because I now live in Sydney and so my perfect day needs to be spread across two cities. But it can't involve a plane flight- because that would take up to much time- and to do all my favourite things will take up every second of that day. But then, if I was busy doing all my favourite things- would I get tired and warn out?

The other hard thing about perfect days is that when you look back over which days have been the most wonderful in your life- they often aren't what you expect. My wedding day was up there, very cliche- but it really was awesome! But many of the other days have simply been ordinary days with extraordinary occurrences, or just really great fun times with family and friends.

And the cynical, grumpy part of me says-all I want is a day when the hard things in my life could just disappear. Then that would be the perfect day, regardless of what else was to happening.

But taking all of that into account, and knowing that this day is so chocked full I probably wouldn't really enjoy it (!)- here is my perfect day. I've set it in Melbourne-and my new life-long-healthy-eating-habits have, for some unknown reason, gone on holiday ;)

Waking up in a beautiful bed and breakfast with Tim, somewhere in the Dandenong Rangers- with a decadent, multi-course breakfast of all my favourite things (fruit, eggs Benedict, quality toasted muesli and a huge glass of orange juice). We would then go down the mountain and meet my parents and sister for a chai-latte at the Dragon Fly Cafe in the Basin. Then, off to a park for a big BBQ lunch with all my dearest friends. After a short afternoon nap Tim and I would get dressed up for our evening out. We would start with Indian, and then come back to his folks place for dessert (lemon tart, cheesecake...it's hard to decide...). It would be crowded with various relatives and friends and we would play crazy games into the night. For some reason that I'm yet to come up with- we would end the night by dancing!

So there it is. My almost perfect day.
And now I'm even more excited about going back to Melbourne.
1 exam down today- 4 more to go!
love B

3 comments:

Louisa said...

I love that your perfect day involves everyone you love but I think it would be have been both more amusing & perhaps accurate you have written... "a short afternoon *nap*" wink wink!

BG said...

haha,
Thought I'd keep it family viewing!

Swift Jan said...

Your perfect day sounds lovely!
I think my perfect day would involve Melbourne aswell!