Monday, February 22, 2010

Funnest Game Ever

Now- to start with, I know that Funnest is not a real word, and though I don't think either of them actually used that word- it makes me think of Elle Wood from Legally Blond or Cher from Clueless. I feel like such a twit when i use it normally.

But sometimes it just fits.

We had our 3rd year weekend away this last weekend. College weekends away are really special- particularly this one as rather than going home to our our separate lives- we are going home to College accommodation- so many people now living just down the road!

I caught up with some old friends- most my age- but as is often my way I made a few friends under 5 as well. Playing with kids on weekend away is a win-win because not only do I get to spend time with some gorgeous kiddies, but I make the parents really happy by giving them a break. My 2.75 year old buddy Archie is normally not the most affectionate of kiddies, but on the weekend he was on my lap singing to himself "bee, bee, bee, bee. bee, bee, bee, bee". Pretty cute.

Anyway- on to the Funnest thing.

We had a movie trivia night. Now Trivia is one of my things. I love it- and even though I don't know movies that well- I had a blast.

But how cool is this as an activity!

Each team was given a budget of 30 million. We were then given a list of famous actors, places, prop options (like a pirate ship or a light sabre), and extras. Using this list and staying under budget- we needed to write a summary of what our film would be.

I was totally in my element!

Myself, and the two other members of my team who like this kind of thing sat down for 15 minutes and 'wrote' our movie. It ended up being the story of Elvira (played by Judy Dench), who was dumped by Edward Cullin, and who turns into a leather clad zombie-killing biker chick- who eventually falls for a zombiafied Hugh Jackman. They finally get revenge against Edward and his zombie girlfriend Hilary Duff by murdering them at an Areosmith concert.

It was the Funnest.
love B

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Belinda

Glad you liked it. I'm making all the resources available on my blog in the coming weeks so people can use the nights at their churches.