Friday, February 5, 2010

Fun Stats

The title of this post is in honour of my sister- a soon to be Dr of the much maligned discipline of Statistics!

One of the drama's of going to Melbourne for a month is working out how best to work on my story. Do I put it on a memory stick. Do I put it on the laptop? Do I write in a notebook? Of course before I leave I have big dreams that I will be using much of my holiday time to work on my story.

Normally it doesn't happen.

This time I did do quite a bit of work on my story, writing in a notebook and thinking hard as Tim and I traveled around New Zealand. Blessed man that he is- Tim was quite happy to spend from half an hour to 2 hours talking about my story most days of our trip, and even gave me a special notebook and pen for Christmas to take on our trip!

But I couldn't remember whether I had actually used the lap-top to record my story, and therefore whether I needed to take the study computer copy of my story and replace it with my laptop copy of my story (confusing hey!). So I went onto the laptop, opened the document, and looked in the property section, to find out that on Dec 20th I did indeed open up my story- and modify it. It turns out that lots of information about my story had also been stored

Which leads me to my fun stats.

Did you know:

I started my novel (in its current form) on the 10th of July, 2007
It has been revised 191 times
The total editing time has been 4400 minutes (73 hours)

It currently has:
118 pages
1016 paragraphs
34,045 words!

Still lots to do, but cool to see none the less!
love B