Saturday, November 7, 2009

Places

If there is one thing I hate more than cleaning it is packing!

And this pack will be one of the hardest of all.

Because we are moving from a ridiculously large three bedroom place with no cupboards to a tiny 2 bedroom place with a cupboard at every turn. So we are going to be throwing out so much stuff and I hate doing that! And I know no matter how much Tim convinces me to throw out, I will not throw enough out so when we get to the box-unpacking stage we will be throwing out even more stuff so that our study doesn't end up being the box/junk room.

But the other thing that will be hard is that we are leaving.

I am such a place person. I get attached to places. I love places. It's been over 12 years since my Grandparents sold their farm and yet I try not to thinking about it much even now because I ache so much for it. And even though I'm really excited about moving into College housing, my heart already aches for this place. For the high ceilings and the big windows. For the strange nooks and the musty smell. For the mess that as accumulated in a way that I'm happy with.

I'll miss the trip up to the laundry and the strange little car-park. I'll miss the check-out people at the local store who I see enough to have them smile when they see me walk in.

I'll miss my walk- under the railway line, pass the shops, up to Parramatta road and past the dress shops!

I'll miss Stanmore and even though it is within walking distance of where we will live it will not be the same.

And in two years time I will feel exactly the same about our tiny two bedder.

It's times like these when I need to remind myself that my home is in heaven. And one day I will go there and never have to leave (or pack!) again.
love B

No comments: