Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Who am I?

I've been going through a week of big questions about my life and the future and what I am doing.

Part of it was being on holidays and having time to think.  Part of it is still dealing with the pain of our loss.  Part of it is knowing that next year is going to be a time of huge changes, as I leave a job and a city and a life.  Part of it is being asked regularly (and not surprisingly) "What are you going to do next year?".  Most of the questioning has been serious and tough.  I feel like I don't know what my life is about and it's really hard to be in my thirties and still not be sure about what is the best thing to be doing with my time.  And I can't help thinking about how different next year could have been... :'(

But there has been a little silly part of me that has been doing some dreaming out of the box, and that has been the fun part of the uncertainty of next year.

Things I would love to do if I actually had the power to get any job I want:

-Author 
Of course I will be writing regardless.  But the dream is that someone will see my novel, realise it's potential, and give me lots of money to finish it.
-Playschool presenter!
It's been a dream of mine since I used to watch it, but after nearly three years of Playgroup running I genuinely think I would be really good.  I can't speak for other demographics, but I rock the under 5.  Now if we can only convince the ABC...
-Video game story-line writer
I really enjoy watching my husband play story based video games, which often have a sci-fi/Fantasy twist.  I would love to come up with concepts that can be turned into a video game.  They are like fatasy movies, although with different plots and posibilities depending on what the player does.  It's like choose your own adventure writing on steriods!
Governor General
I've seen the house.  It's got the best view in Sydney.  Of course we are moving back to Melbourne so it wouldn't really work...maybe a retirement options?
The next Oprah
Do i need an explanation?

The possibilities are endless...
Love B

No comments: