Sunday, June 19, 2011

The perfect ministry couple, from Anne of Green Gables

At the moment, I pretty much read a fiction book every day.  Even if it's only a couple of pages, I just find that this is the pattern I use to go to bed.  But I also read at other times too.  Often my fiction books will overlap with my non-fiction, usually Christian or writing books, so sometimes I'm thinking of one as I read the other.

Me and a few friend have been reading a book called "More than a Pastor's Wife".  It's all about being a pastor's wife, the expectations people sometimes hold of them, and the helpful things you can be doing to serve God in this very unusual role.  I was reading it on Friday

I am also reading Anne of Green Gables.  Which I have read many times before.  But I think, given our plans for next year, and the other book I was reading concurrently- I noticed this line for the first time.

"Mrs Lynde says that sound doctrine in the man and good housekeeping in the women make an ideal combination for a minister's family"

Oh dear!  It's alright on Tim's side but...
:)
love B

No comments: