Thursday, March 31, 2011

Those days

Today was one of those days.

No, I don't mean those days.  Today was one of those rare, amazing, I love my job days.

It wasn't that anything different happened than on any other day, or particularly any other Thursday.  It was just that it was a day when I was reminded just how special my "ordinary" days are.  How priveledged I am to do what I do.

In Bible study we looked at the women who poured perfume on Jesus.  We talked about how special Jesus was.  We looked at the Lord Supper and realised why Jesus was so special.  And then we prayed for each other other and talked and laughed and ate.  'This is so important' said one lady, patting her hand on her Bible, 'I learn so much more when I learn with other people'.

I caught up with my friend who is so interested in learning about Jesus.  We sat in a cafe, in plain sight of the world, with the Bible open, talking about the world and Jesus, and how special forgiveness is.  We read about how no matter your background, gender, or social standing, if you trust in Jesus, you are equal and part of God's family.

I've just confirmed that I am running an event for women at church, to training them in talking about Jesus with friends.  I was just going to do it with my young women's Bible study, but they insisted we make it wider because "Everyone needs to learn this".

And now I am getting ready for another Sunday of teaching.

I love those days.
B

2 comments:

Emily Sue said...

I wouldn't mind a few of those days...

BG said...

I will pray that you get some