Saturday, August 28, 2010

Worst that can happen...

Conversation between me and Tim while we stroll through the Markets near our home.

Me: "I'm looking forward to this week of Sunday School being over(the kids are normally divided up and Tim and I take the youth but this week I am running things with the youths help). I had another nightmare about it last night. I'm so stressed about it and I don't know why."

Tim: "I don't know why you are stressed either. It's going to be fine. What is the worst that can happen?"

Me: (smiles) "I guess your right, the worst thing would be if I didn't turn up to teach it, and even then it would be okay"

Tim: (pause) "One of the Kids could die. That would be bad."

Me: "That would be bad. But the worst would be if they died because I accidently dropped something on their head. (pause again). Actually, it would probably be worst if I actually deliberately killed them out of rage. That would be the worst thing. And that would be bad"

As we walked on, I felt better, confident that though the worst thing that could happen tomorrow would indeed be terribly bad- it was not particularly likely.

love B

1 comment:

Lon from 500m2 in Sydney said...

Love it! This post made Pete and I laugh so much :)