Friday, March 27, 2009

Kinda Fun Milestones, and confessions of a lazy writer

Do you want to know something cool?

This is my one hundreth post!

Do you want to know something else cool?

I'm writing it exactly a year after I started blogging!

I'm been a little bit more consistant with blogging these last few weeks because I've had so many fun photos to put up! But something I have not been consistant with is my fiction writing.

I was so detirmined when I started! So detirmined that half of Friday would be a writing day. So what happened?

1.Two weddings in Melbourne
2. Friday being the perfect day for having people round for tea- and so the cooking, the planning, the shopping and the cleaning take over
3. The unexpected exhaustion that comes from working with kiddies all the time.
4. My extroversion meaning that I struggle to spend a whole day at home by myself- particularly with friends in the building that don't mind if I just "drop by"
5. Reaching the mile stone of having the first "Act (so to speak)" finished, only to have my darling husband suggest (quite rightly) that it would improve it to expand it further and give more detail. Which is great (I was worrying he would find it too detailed and boring)! But it's a reminder of how long its going to take me to finish this thing.

So this is the plan:

  • At least to start with- set aside one hour on Friday to write. An hour is managable and a start.
  • Get Tim to ask me if I'm writing- I need the extra nagging :)
  • Read good books and particularly books on writing. That always inspires me
  • if I don't feel like writing because I don't particularly feel like working on the part of the story I'm up to- I should go ahead to somewhere else. At least then I'm writing!
  • Think about writing on the train, on the street, in the shops. There is so much inspiration everywhere if I'm deliberately seeking it
  • Remind myself how much I love it when I actually do it!

There, I'm inspired already!

love B

No comments: