Friday, September 2, 2011

Novel Spelling

Oh Dear...

After several weeks off I started back onto my novel.  While working away, suddenly Microsoft Word gave me a pop-up box I had never seen before.  It informed me that there were so many grammatical and spelling errors in my document that it could no longer show them all, but if I wanted to check my spelling or grammar I would from now on have to run my own manual check.

!!!!!!!

Has this ever happened to anyone else in the history of Microsoft word before!

I like to think it's because I've been so wonderful in actually writing 65,394 words, and that of course when a document gets big these things happen.

I like to think it's because I'm writing Fantasy so Microsoft doesn't recognise all the cool people and place names that I've brilliantly invented..

I'm hoping it's because I can't spell, and I've never been able to spell.  I think spelling is a completely over-rated talent in this new world of wonderful spell correcting technology- and bad spelling doesn't make someone a bad writer.

But bad grammar does.  I'm hoping it's not because I'm a really bad writer.

But it did make me laugh.
Love B

No comments: