Thursday, October 28, 2010

Sad and happy

This morning we heard the news that Tim's Nanna passed away earlier today.

We are very sad for Pa, for ourselves, and particularly for Tim's Mum and her sister. We will all miss her terribly- Pa especially.

But in Bible study today we were talking about death- and I was reminded that I don't have to be sad for her.

We were reading the story of the Paralytic in Mark 2. We were reminded that while sickness and disease are bad- we all have a bigger problem- sin.

But we learnt that Jesus is the one who can deal with that sin.

Nanna trusted in Jesus. And so praise God- her biggest problem is solved. Her sin has been dealt with. She has gone from being God's enemy to God's beloved Daughter. And now she is with him forever- all the tears and pain and sadness is gone. Face to face.

Sad for us. Happy for her.
love B

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thinking and praying for you and Tim and his family.

I had similar mixed feelings when my Grandad died a few years ago. I was so sad for all of us left behind (I still miss him a lot) but was incredibly joyful that he is now with our Lord Jesus! The day he died my parents minister read 1 Pet 1:3-9 with us and I had such joy knowing he had received the goal of his faith - the salvation of his soul.

Praise God that Tim's Nanna has too and we will join her one day - come Lord Jesus!

Givinya De Elba said...

Just popping in again :)

I understand the sadness and the happiness coming side-by-side. I am sad to hear that Tim's Nanna passed away - I pray your family will be comforted and that in time you will be free to rejoice because of your knowledge you'll meet again!