Thursday, December 31, 2009

A new year

You can tell you are having a roaring NYE when you are writing on your blog at 10:42!

Actually, I recon it's just about perfect. I'm hanging out at Tim's folks house, there is a beautiful rainy breeze wafting through the fly-screen, Lord of the Rings is being watched now that Back to the Future is over and i am downloading photos to facebook so that I can free up the camera to take photos in NZ. I have never been a big NY party person, and I think, with our trip starting tomorrow i really just wanted a quiet night.

My New Years resolution was to Morn with those who morn and to be joyful with those who were joyful.

I think I did it. Or at least I got better at it which I guess was what I was really aiming for.

I don't know how to think about next year. I know it could be good and i know it could be hard. This year was. And in fact, knowing what know about Life and God and the world I suspect both will be true.

My aim for this year i think is pretty simple. I just want to keep serving God, keep serving Tim, keep serving the people of Chatswood Baptist. It may not sound very grand or exciting, but sometimes it's the simple things that are the hardest and the most important things.

I don't know what this year will hold. But I suspect the first 10 days will be awesome!
New Zealand here we come!
love B

No comments: