Thursday, February 26, 2009

Slacko BG

Oh, I'm so naughty!

It's been ages since I've posted. The reason is kind of sad. I felt like I should do a blog post about the fires- but everytime I tried it just didn't sound right. I was so sad about it- but not sure how best to put it into words. So I didn't post.

But I do feel so very sad for those who lost homes/lives. It made me miss Victoria so much, I wanted to be there with those I love.

But instead I am here in Sydney...and keeping pretty busy too.

Today I had to laugh. One of my favourite scene's from the movie "Little Women" is when the Professor meets Jo and knows she's a writer. She's don't know why, until he points out the ink on her fingers- the tell tale sign. I think I always liked it because I wanted to be a writer too, and I always have inky hands (usually because I chew the ends of my pens and they leak but lets just pretend it's because I'm a writer).

Well, today I had to laugh. I was sorting through some paint containers from playgroup and in the process my hands took on a multi-coloured nature that I couldn't wash away. I just laughed, looked at my hands and thought "I must be a Children's worker".

I think I'm starting to really love my job! But it does tire me out. I'm more and more thankful for the privelege of four days a week. It means I can fit in College related things which is appearing to be really important. I'm still getting to see many of my dear College friends- and have joined a College wives Bible study which should be a great encouragement. I feel so thankful for the decision that we made for me to work and not study...not that I should be surprised. God knew all along!

The wedding season is about to kick in- with two lightening trips down to Melbourne for Tim's cousin and Tim's sisters wedding. It should be lots of fun. Hopefully I will be able to stalk some pictures off facebook to put here when they happen ;)

Anyway- that's enough for tonight. One day I will get back to thoughtful posts instead of just updates. One day...
love B

No comments: