Sunday, December 14, 2008

Health Kick Update

Hi Folks,
I've been meaning for ages to give a health kick update.

The bad news is that I've found out officially what I've been suspecting for a while- that I'm Pre-diabetic. It sounds in some ways more serious than it is. Basically my body doesn't process glucous very well, so I have to be really careful with weight, do lots of exercise and particularly eating low GI food. If I'm not careful, I will eventually develop diabetes. But if I am careful, I won't. So rather than treating it like a negative thing, I'm thankful to God that now I know and that I can do something about it. And its an incredibly helpful motivator for living a life-style that is actually what we probably should all be doing anyway, at least in part.

The good news is that I'm getting really good at eating healthy- I've lost alot of weight and I'm .8kg away from being in the healthy weight range for my age.

And....

I fit back into my wedding dress!
love B

4 comments:

Louisa Claire said...

Sorry to hear about the pre-diabetes business, but praise God you have learnt of it before it's too late and good on you for getting into your wedding dress! That's gotta feel good :)

Swift Jan said...

That's great that you know now before it develops any further.

You look HOT in your wedding dress BTW :)

BG said...

Thanks guys!

Louisa Claire said...

Hey hun, just wanted to say thanks for commenting on my blog recently and for your kind words!